Junior Estate Agent Apprentice
An exciting and progressive opportunity with a renowned Estate Agents and Property Lettings Management company with branches across Essex and Kent. You will be ambitious to start your career in the growing sector of Estate Agency.
The role of the trainee negotiator is to support the sales team, working directly with the senior sales negotiator reporting to the sale manager.
The applicant would be required to work Saturdays, and would therefore have a day off during the week.
The main functions will be the following, although are not definitive:
- To register applicants onto the database
- To manage the data base with regular contact to purge redundant applicants
- To book viewings by calling the data base and property matching, as well as downloading email and web leads requesting viewings
- Obtaining regular feedback from viewings
- Conduct property viewings
- Prospecting – by calling data base of local property owners with potential property to sell and booking in valuations
- Prospecting – Generate a tout list obtained by tracking properties that have been on the market with other agents for a period of time and not sold. Generate tout list by obtaining addresses of the tracked properties, and send letters periodically to the property owners to gain their instruction
- Prospecting – by dropping door to door leaflets in specific areas, in roads where we have recently sold, and also to properties that have been on the market with other agents, or withdrawn from the market
- Various administrative tasks to support the sales team, including printing and franking letters for posting, archiving, filing
- Front office – to meet and greet potential clients who come into the office and register their details on the system for sale or let. Print and hand out brochures to applicants visiting the office
- Take part in the morning sales meetings and diary management for the day
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and use of company systems on the pc and paper forms including any requirements for money laundering and GDPR
- Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will need to have a full UK driving licence and access to their own vehicle. Business insurance cover for your own vehicle is strongly encouraged by the employer.
- Mileage will be paid at 40p per mile for business appointments only.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Good telephone manner
- Well presented
- Good ICT/data entry skills
- Good organisational skills
- Full UK driving license with own vehicle (due to the nature of the role)
- Must be a team player
- Use your own initiative
- A good level of education.