Business Administrator Apprenticeship (BAFLA)
An excellent opportunity to work in a criminal defence legal practice, we practice general criminal defence, but specialise in representing football supporters in police and court proceedings. This role is for an Administrator who will be involved in supporting many aspects of the firm including business administration and clerical support.
The successful candidate will carry out the below mentioned duties in our Benfleet office, reporting directly to a solicitor. Experience in the following areas is required: IT skills (Word, Excel) typing, communication via telephone and email. Full training will be given on our document management system.
The main duties are:
- To assist with the administration of the office, learning and making use of the appropriate software.
- To assist in the preparation of bills and data entry on our accounting system.
- Typing correspondence and documents. Audio typing facilities are available.
- Opening, closing and archiving files on our data management system in accordance with the procedures contained in the Office Manual. Ensuring case files are compliant with our industry quality standards (SQM) and under our contract with the Legal Aid Agency.
- To prepare correspondence and enclosures for despatch, using email where possible and taking the post to the post office as required.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up-to-date diary for the office.
- To provide support to consultants, solicitor agents and barristers as required, and to assist in the running of the office – ordering stationery etc as directed.
- To look after clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care and to make attendance notes of all conversations with clients.
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and client’s documentation and information.
- To carry out procedures in accordance with the Office Manual.
- To carry out any other such duties as reasonably required.
- Attention to detail
- Good IT Skills
- Strong English language skills
- Excellent communication and telephone manner
- Team player
- Smart in appearance
- Candidates must have GCSE 4 / C grade or above in Maths and English
- Desirable education to College with BTEC / A level qualifications