Apprentice Estate Agent / Sales Negotiator
The role of the apprentice negotiator is to support the sales team, working directly with the senior sales negotiator reporting to the sale manager. The applicant would be required to work Saturdays, and would therefore have a day off during the week.
The role of the trainee negotiator is to support the sales team, working directly with the senior sales negotiator reporting to the sale manager.
The applicant would be required to work Saturdays, and would therefore have a day off during the week.
The main functions will be the following, although are not definitive:
- To register applicants onto the database
- To manage the data base with regular contact to purge redundant applicants
- To book viewings by calling the data base and property matching, as well as downloading email and web leads requesting viewings
- Obtaining regular feedback from viewings
- Conduct property viewings
- Prospecting –by calling data base of local property owners with potential property to sell and booking in valuations
- Prospecting – Generate a tout list obtained by tracking properties that have been on the market with other agents for a period of time and not sold. Generate tout list by obtaining addresses of the tracked properties, and send letters periodically to the property owners to gain their instruction
- Prospecting – by dropping door to door leaflets in specific areas, in roads where we have recently sold, and also to properties that have been on the market with other agents, or withdrawn from the market
- Various administrative tasks to support the sales team, including printing and franking letters for posting, archiving, filing
- Front office – to meet and greet potential clients who come into the office and register their details on the system for sale or let. Print and hand out brochures to applicants visiting the office
- Take part in the morning sales meetings and diary management for the day
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and use of company systems on the pc and paper forms including any requirements for money laundering and GDPR
Candidates must hold a full UK driving licence as they will be required to attend property viewings and complete canvassing in the surrounding areas.
Mileage will be paid at 45p per mile to attend business appointments.
- Have good clear telephone voice
- Be IT literate able to use email, Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and will be required to learn to use bespoke estate agency software
- Be reliable and maintain good time keeping
- Be organised with paperwork and person tasks list
- Write legibly on forms, diary, notes etc so other staff members can easily decipher
- The person should be of smart appearance
- Be a team player, yet have the confidence to work on own initiative
- Hold a clean driving licence would be an advantage to enable viewings to be carried out
- A good level of education