Apprentice Customer Service Administrator (CSPOAK)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a busy GP surgery on Canvey Island. This position is for a Customer Service Administrator apprentice who needs to have an excellent interpersonal skill as well as strong communication and customer service skills with the ability to prioritise their workload.
The successful candidate will start from the very basics of reception and work their way around the practice where training will be provided to ensure you are competent in many areas of work.
GP Practices are where most people go for their healthcare, they are busy and dynamic places to work, offering real benefit to people’s health and wellbeing. Admin / receptionists are the first point of contact for patients. You will be the face of the practice and will be responsible for the smooth running of the front of house as well as back office, dealing with all situations in a sensitive, calm and pragmatic way.
The day to day activities include:
- Answering the telephone
- Greeting patients and carers
- Assisting people with their queries or directing them to the right person
- Booking appointments
- Sorting the mail
- Scanning documents into patients records
- Arranging transport requests
- Accepting requests for repeat medication
- Using IT systems such as System1
- Participating in mandatory training such as Safeguarding, CPR
- Working with the rest of the GP Practice team to ensure the smooth running of the practice
- Immediate start required
- The core hours of the surgery are 8am until 6.30pm and staff are required to work a 7.5-hour shift within those times. A shift pattern is in place for admin/reception staff and will be agreed with the successful candidate. The surgery is based within the large primary care centre on Canvey Island which is easily accessible via public transport.
- Candidates will need to demonstrate a working history where references will be obtained and a DBS check undertaken.
- Sympathetic and empathetic, understand confidentiality
- Organised, attention to detail and self-motivated
- Good communication and listening skills
- Good literacy and numerical skills
- Good IT skills
- Windows and Office
- Warm, confident personality
- Provide excellent customer service and be by nature positive, calm and not be phased by a challenging and busy environment
- Friendly and personable
- Helpful individual who wants to work for the benefit of patients in a diverse population and in difficult, sensitive situations
- Must possess a ‘can do’ attitude
- Flexible in their working approach and likes working within a team
- GCSE or equivalent in maths, English, ICT (or Science) grade 4/C or above.